The air ducts in your home deliver fresh air while you sleep, cold air when the summer blazes and warm air when a sweater isn’t enough.
Don’t forget to check our current specials. The promotion we’re running right now might be the one you’ve been waiting for!
Your air filter catches a lot of the dust and particles traveling with the air, but it can’t catch everything. A surprising amount of debris stays behind along the walls of your ductwork, and anything restricting airflow in your ducts means your furnace and air conditioner have to work hard to get the air through.
Some of that gunk left behind gets flushed out into the air your family breathes.
- You pay more than you should every month as the HVAC system works overtime.
- Your family is breathing in air that might be more damaging to their health than outside air.
You should also be sure to get the ducts cleaned…
- After home upgrades where any dust was released into the air.
- When you’ve been hit with an animal infestation. Bugs and rodents get into the ductwork, leaving feces and other rancid things behind.
- If mould is found anywhere in your house. Traces of it will also have migrated to the ductwork.
- Annually if family members have any sort of respiratory illnesses.
How it is done?
Properly cleaning your ducts requires special equipment and expertise. The average person isn’t quite up to the task. Our certified technicians are trained in duct cleaning and will take care to protect your home and furnishings from dust and dirt during the process.
During a duct cleaning service call you can expect:
- Blowers, vacuums and brushes to clean intake, return and supply ducts.
- Cleaning of all grills, registers, fans, motors and air handling units.
- Full HVAC system inspection.
Does air duct cleaning ACTUALLY improve air quality?
Whether or not the air quality in your home is adversely impacting your health, there are many other reasons why clean air ducts are necessary. Except in special circumstances, like those listed above, cleaning the ducts should be done every three to five years.
If you are not sure whether it’s time for a comprehensive duct cleaning in your home, call a member of our team to talk it over.