Make your HVAC system really work for you (and cost your family less) in 2018
Like most, you probably made a few casual resolutions for 2018.
- Cut back on the junk food and takeout.
- Push for a promotion at work.
- Exercise a few days each week.
- Learn the harmonica or Spanish.
Maybe you have plans to renovate part of the house this year.
Paying more attention to those major appliances means your family will spend less using them this year.
Finally get that furnace tune-up
Why do your neighbours spend money on furnace maintenance?
- It stops minor problems from developing into major (and expensive) ones.
- It keeps the furnace running efficiently, like they paid for. A clogged up furnace costs hundreds of dollars more to run over a year than a well-oiled furnace.
- It extends lifespan of the furnace, so they stretch out the value of their investment further than other families.
- It saves their lungs! Air quality inside the house depends largely on your furnace, and maintenance makes sure the air their families breathe is clean.
While you’re at it, make a resolution to replace that junky old air conditioner
Thinking about summer right now is tough, but meteorologists are calling for a hot, dry one.
Your air conditioner is in for quite a workout.
Here are some telltale signs your existing air conditioner probably isn’t up to the task:
- You can’t rely on it for a stable temperature.
- It always leaks something.
- It builds a protective casing of ice around itself when you run it.
- It stinks.
For the love of air quality, change your furnace filters!
You put it off one day, then another, and suddenly you haven’t changed your furnace filter in a whole year.
Why does it matter?
- Dirty or clogged furnace filters impede air flow, which costs you money.
- Excess dust circulates through your air filtration system and ends up on your clothes, on your furniture or in your lungs.
- You spend more time dusting your house than relaxing in it.
Cut ties with your water tank rental company
You can own a more efficient water heater for less than you pay the rental company.
Your rental payments will go on forever, and often homeowners pay more than double the price of the unit in payments over the duration of the contract.
Get a better unit for less money and pay it off over a few years so your payments actually end.
No reason to wait!
If you want more performance from your HVAC system and less expenses every month, we can help you keep that resolution.